Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shabby Is Good



Since I was a little girl, I've always dreamed of becoming a famous artist. My paintings would be showcased and coveted by many a renowned galleries. My name would be written in history in gold ink and a hefty amount of flourish. But alas, it is not to be.

As my love for drawing and painting never falter, I've wasted hundreds, maybe even thousands sheets of paper to contain the carbon bits of my pencil. The collection grows over years. Some I need to throw away, the torn ones, the hated ones, even the unfinished ones. It is my silent prayer that someday my skills would develop and people would say that my drawings were good. Hopefully. I am still crossing my fingers. The sketches are still as shabby as ever. I mean, not shoddy workmanship, only the results are almost never as pretty as I hope. But, all is good. This little woman is not giving up. Don't care if it takes half a century, but I will reach that goal. And, hey, with the new digital imaging technology, maybe my goal won't be too impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment